The following article will show you how to control your iPhone remotely using your computer. With the Switch Control app, you can do this natively on your Mac computer. Dell’s Mobile Connect 3.3 app is also compatible with iPhones (from 2018 and later). Others are, however, still developing software that can integrate Apple and Microsoft environments. Here’s How to Remotely Control Your iPhone from Your Computer.
Using Switch Control on a Mac
You will need to share the same Wi-Fi network between your iPhone and Mac. Switch Control will not work if they are on different networks.
- Select your Wi-Fi network from the list of networks in the Settings app on your iPhone.
- You can select your Internet connection on your iPhone by clicking the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar.
Log in to iCloud using your Apple ID on your iPhone and Mac. In the same way, both your iPhone and Mac need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Both must be logged in to your iCloud account to use Switch Control.
- You can sign in by tapping the name at the top of the Screen Settings app or tapping “Sign in to your iPhone” or “Sign in” when in the Settings app. Depending on which iCloud account you have, you’ll be able to sign in or see it.
- Go to System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud by clicking the Apple logo on your Mac. It will present you with a blank space to sign in if you’re not signed into an account; if you are already signed into an account, you will see the email address associated with your iCloud account. You should sign in to the same account on your iPhone and Mac.
Turn on Switch Control on your Mac. For your Mac to control your iPhone, you must enable this feature.
- Click on the Apple logo and choose System Preferences > Accessibility > Switch Control to adjust switches. Choose “Enable Switch Control” under the General tab.”
- Your password will need to be entered once Switch Control is enabled.
Know More | How to Check Data Usage on iPhone
Within the Switch Control panel, select the Devices icon.
When you select your iPhone from the list, you’ll be able to see your phone’s screen on your Mac.
- You can turn off the switch control on your Mac by clicking the Apple logo again and selecting System Preferences > Accessibility > Switch Control. The active connection between your phone and computer will be disabled, and your phone will not be able to control your Mac.
- Play a game or look through your photos on your Mac, and you can even compose emails and text messages from your iPhone screen!
With Dell’s Mobile Connect!
You can download the Dell Mobile Connect app for your iPhone and Dell. Most Dell laptops should already include this app, but it needs to be updated. You cannot download this app if you don’t have a Dell laptop.
- If you do not have the latest version of Dell’s Mobile Connect app, this method will not work. You can either download the iOS app from the App Store or install the latest version of Dell’s Mobile Connect app.
Download both apps and launch them. Select Launch or Open if you’re in the App Store. Otherwise, the icon will appear in your Start menu (iPhone) or on your Home screen (Dell).
Connect your iPhone and Dell computer by following the on-screen instructions. You will need to connect both devices to the same network and enter security codes to ensure that both devices are secure.
- Then you will be able to disconnect from either your computer or your phone by closing the app in question.
- As long as your phone is connected to your computer, you can read and reply to your text messages and play games!