Consider setting up a vacation reply if you’re going to be away from the office for a while so that any emails you receive will tell them you’ll not be checking your email regularly while you’re gone. (In that email, you should also mention when you’ll be back.) Set up your automatic reply on Gmail very quickly, and you can select the start and end dates. Here’s How to set a vacation responder in Gmail.
While it’s called a vacation responder, you can customize it and use it for other things, like if you don’t check that email account very often or wish to put someone in touch with you at another email address.
The steps to follow are as follows.
THE WAY TO SET UP YOUR COMPUTER FOR YOUR VACATION RESPONDER
- Go to the top-right corner of the screen and click the cog icon.
- The Quick settings sidebar on the right will appear after clicking “See all settings.”
- Navigate to the General tab and select the Vacation reply option.
- Ensure that “Vacation respond on” is selected.
Also Read | How to customize your Windows 11 taskbar
- You can set a start date for the response by checking the box next to “First day.” You can select an end date by checking the box next to “Last day” and then entering the date in the field underneath it.
- By adding a subject line next to “Subject,” you will be able to identify the subject of your response.
- You can format your vacation response message how you would in a regular email by typing it in the “Message” field.
- You can choose to send your response only to people in your contacts if you don’t want to reply to everyone who emails you (for example, everyone who sends you spam).
- After making the change, click “Save Changes.”.
A MOBILE DEVICE SET UP TO REPLY TO A VACATION
- Go to your Gmail app.
- Tap on the three-bar buttons (in the search box) in the top-left corner.
- You can choose which email account you want the reply to from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Tap “Vacation reply.”
- The vacation response toggle will appear. After setting the start and end dates, adding a subject line, and writing your message, you’ll be able to upload files. Additionally, you can opt to only send to your contacts.
- Then click “Save” in the lower right corner.