In Indian Railways, the freight operations segment makes the highest profit. Due to the high complexity of freight operations and the lack of transparency at the freight delivery process, duplicating and fraud are rampant. With an integrated IT platform comprised of complete freight operations, Indian Railways has generated a comprehensive IT platform. Learn How to do FOIS Application Login & FNR Enquiry Status.
Information on Indian Railways (IIR)- (comercial) and Rake Management System (RMS)-(operations) comprise the IT system. Through an online portal, operational transparency can be established, and real-time information is available, enabling effective decision-making.
Application Login Details for Indian Railways:
Here are our solutions:
In addition to staying up-to-date on many practical problems through the web portal, transparency in operations reduces the likelihood of fraud in the transport of ores. Here are a few examples of how digital operations have enhanced disruptive functions.
There are rake permit validations, B2B integrations with banks, and automatic consignment weight updates. Also included is electronic receipt transmission, integration with CBEC, and automatic allocation and scheduling of rakes.
Also Know | How Technology Advancements Has Its Impact on Us
Validation of Rake Permits:
The state governments of mines used to issue rake permits to Indian Railways, which they had to validate. The paperwork was incredibly labor intensive. Because of it, it caused a delay in the delivery of ore and took time away from validation. Integrated with the State Government’s department of Mines, the FOIS speeds up the validation process. Mining department endorsements of forwarding notes were digitalized instead of being manually completed.
Integrated B2B banking:
Since implementation of FOIS, the freight collection mechanism has been more efficient. Customers have access to nationalized banks for payment processing. Train companies debit their nationalized bank accounts for freight charge payments. As a result, each transaction is not required to be authorized by the customer.
Updating the shipment weight automatically:
Whenever railway freight inputs consignment in wagons, the weighbridge exchanges weighed-data with the FOIS application through electronic data interchange, or EDI, whenever the consignment is actually uploaded into the wagon.
Railway Receipt Electronic Transmission:
Railway receipts are shared digitally with stakeholders and there is only one record in the Railway database. Across the entire country, the digital receipt transmission process has been rolled out.
Incorporated with CBEC:
The weight of all imported containers is electronically weighed, and the information is sent to the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) via Electronic Data Interchange, or EDI. The Indian Railways employs FOIS for its Freight services.
RAS (Auto Rake Allotment and Allocation):
Iron Ore and coal traffic in the railroad are both handled by the ROS, the automated device. Allotment plans will be sent to the customer via SMS and email. Allotment plans are digitally available for viewing on the web portal.
App for Rail Sugam:
In addition to providing several services to customers, the Rail Sugam Mobile Apps cater to Indian Railways Freight Customers.
1st step: The customer can download the application on either Android or iOS.
2nd Step: The app provides customer with information about the nodal officers, and such information can prove useful for the business.
3rd Step: When the app is installed, freight customers will be able to track their consignments as they travel.
4th Step: The app provides information regarding bookings, freight calculators, and terminal information.
A dashboard includes data about intentions, maturity, operating restrictions, and performances, as well as information about outstanding and mature plans.
Advantages of Freight Transportation System:
- Customers benefit from many features and benefits provided by the freight integrated transportation system.
- Freight department of Indian Railways and its customers can take part in ease of doing business.
- Keeping a track of booked transport is possible after the consignment has been booked and uploaded.
- The Indian Railways’ online portal is extremely useful for managing freight.
- With the legacy system, customers can monitor freight KPIs, receive freight information, and engage in EDI.
FOIR Login Questions:
1. You can log in to FOIS through the official website – www.fois.indianrail.gov.in.
2. Customers will be prompted for their username, password, division, or station from the zone, and area, then submit their information.
3. Users can access the new page through the web portal and have inquiries regarding the freight operation/information system answered.
Customers can access the new page by clicking here.
1. User’s need to visit the official website in order to access the Customer Login Portal, i.e. https://www.fois.indianrail.gov.in/FOISWebPortal/index.jsp#.
2. Customers section of the FOIS home page must be visited by Users to access e-Customers, as shown below.
3. Users log in by entering their username, password, and Captcha code, then clicking the Login button on the FOIS Customer Portal.
Estimation Fright on FOIS Customer Portal:
1. See www.fois.indianrail.gov.in for the official website
2. The Customer must click the ‘freight calculator’ link on the FOIS Home page.
3. The customer will first need to enter a stop from, a stop to, a preferred ‘Wagon type’, a tariff plan from this drop-down menu, and enter a commodity category and name. After entering this information, click calculate freight.